In two years, the world of higher education has changed radically, with new COVID-safety concerns, more austerity budgets targeting faculty and staff, and rising governance and academic freedom violations. That’s why Summer Institute is needed more than ever. Faculty, students, and academic workers all over the country are rising up and taking a stand on their campuses to advocate for the standards and resources our students and communities need to thrive.
Join more than two hundred other higher education professionals for four days of exciting workshops and special sessions. Featuring presenters experienced in policy, strategy, organizing, and leadership, the training at this year’s Summer Institute will give faculty members the skills and tools to build a powerful voice on campus and to:
- become more effective advocates for AAUP policies and standards;
- establish and protect mechanisms of shared governance and shared decision-making, including negotiating in non-union contexts;
- organize and build membership and power in local chapters and state conferences;
- evaluate college and university finances as a means to hold administrations accountable for the priorities of higher education;
- launch new organizing projects by developing leaders, creating a campaign structure, using databases, and crafting messages.
View the complete program and reserve your spot now for the 2022 Summer Institute, July 21–24 in Reno, Nevada!